Wednesday 6 September 2006

I'm going to Disneyland

Yay, the Disneyland holiday is booked. In typical holiday firm style we phoned and provisionally booked the dates and were given a price. Sent off the Tesco Clubcard points for that amount. Got the holiday vouchers back and phoned to confirm the booking only to be told that the price had gone up by over £100 - new surcharges for Eurostar apparently. Refused to book at that price and went away to talk about it. Decided that we'd go ahead anyway, phoned back and got a different person who accepted our booking for the original price. Arrrrggggg!!!!! How do they get away with this kind of thing, and this is an apparently reputable firm.

I've about half finished the binding on the string quilt which Y has decided he wants to have. I suspected as much when I went into the front room tonight and found him tucked up in it watching TV. Mitered corners are looking neat and professional. By Jove I think she's got it!

I also finished piecing some 9 patches from a stack of pre-cut fossil fern squares that someone gave me. I need to lay them out now and decide on the layout. I might even have pictures by tomorrow. Phill has been fiddling with the camera and it seems to be working.

2 comments:

  1. Fossil Fern is really pretty - are they similar colours or varied?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All varied. I think they came from the Quilt Room as a sample pack of all the colours they carried. I'd had them for at least three years with no idea what to do with them so I thought they'd go together nice and quickly to make a practice piece for the Gracie.

    ReplyDelete