It's been ages since I added anything to this blog but I have been insanely busy. As well as tackling the garden I've been clearing the attic with a view to making it into a clean, usable storage space to hold all my quilting stuff. The dining room/office is disappearing under piles of boxes full of fabric and sewing stuff and so it's going to have to go somewhere else.
The attic was totally suffed full of junk and tons and tons of books. Most of which has now been relocated. I've now started on the horrible task of removing the old insulation which is thick with dust and gooodness knows what else. Once that is done I need to clean everything and then we've got to reinforce the joists. It's amazing, given the number of books up there, that the ceiling didn't fall in years ago.
Then it's the joyful task of getting the electrics relocated, putting in a floor, insulating the roof and putting in a ceiling. This is going to be a VERY long job.