Thursday 26 February 2009

Quilt for MIL

I've been very, very slowly working on a bed quilt for my Mother in Law. She gave me free range of her stash and I got to chose the pattern and do the hard work.

Looking through her fabric it was very quickly clear that she favoured blues and so I decided on the Star Struck pattern I'd seen on Quiltville. Thank you Bonnie. I've been wanting to try this pattern for a long time now, so this was the ideal opportunity.

For once everything came together without drama or stress, which made a nice change. Hopefully the border won't play up. I am planning on using the left over triangles in it, so there will be ample opportunity for things to go wrong.

Here is the top so far.


3 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous, but I think you should give it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's yummy isn't it. You can have the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete